Our COVID-19 Response Plan
Our COVID-19 Response Plan
Our #1 focus is keeping our residents safe from the risks of COVID-19 as well as the risks of prolonged isolation. At Teresa’s House, we are uniquely suited to fight COVID-19 on all fronts.
You won’t find a safer or more engaging community anywhere.
Unparalleled Safety, Beautifully Designed from the Inside Out
To learn more about our COVID Protection System, watch this short video from co-founder, Godwin Dixon
“I could not be more impressed with the design and safeguards built into Teresa’s House. The level of protections built into this community are unprecedented for senior care. In addition, I have known Teresa and Godwin for almost 30 years and know their reputation for quality. I believe that this design and programming will offer the highest level of safety against Coronavirus of any Assisted Living/Memory Care center in the state. This is where I would place a loved one and where I would want to be cared for.”
– Fred Worley
Long Term Care Regulatory Services Division, State of Texas, 1990 – 2017, retired as Lead Architect
What Makes Teresa’s House so Safe?
Teresa’s House was created by a team of healthcare experts including physicians, nurses, social workers and senior care professionals. Designed with the latest advancements in protection against airborne disease, it was originally intended to protect residents from the flu.
Once we learned of COVID-19, we added additional safeguards to make sure our residents would be as safe as possible. Our highly qualified staff are trained to specifically recognize COVID symptoms in seniors and are able to intervene before an infection becomes a crisis. Teresa’s House provides a standard of care you won’t find anywhere else.
COVID-19 Specific UV Light Technology
- Built into our ventilation systems, UV light technology is continuously purifying the air as the system runs.
- UV light technology has been used for years in operating rooms to kill viruses and is now a state-of-the-art protection against Coronavirus.
- Teresa’s House is one of the first in the U.S. to implement this advanced technology in senior care.
Individualized HVAC Systems for Every Resident Room
- No shared return air ducts between resident’s rooms.
- Each resident suite features its own state-of-the-art, whisper-quiet mini-split sir system to heat and cool each room.
- Every room can be set up for isolation as needed to keep infections from spreading – a feature that is unique to Teresa’s House
Small House Design, Added Safety
- Each house has 12-16 residents, which limits exposure.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows allow plenty of beneficial sunlight.
- High ceilings for better airflow, even in rooms.
Curb Appeal with a Purpose
- The risks of COVID-19 infections are significantly reduced outdoors, so we made sure our outside spaces are functional and beautiful.
- Our front porches are large, shaded and comfortable while being well-ventilated, allowing barrier-free visitation in compliance with the Texas Department of State Health guidelines.
- We’re right on the greenbelt, with beautifully landscaped and accessible grounds perfect for getting fresh air and Vitamin D.
Unmatched Standard of Care
- 100% of our staff are licensed, degreed or certified healthcare professionals, a standard you won’t find anywhere else.
- A licensed nurse on-site and on-duty 24/7.
- Well stocked with PEE (Personal Protective Equipment) including N-95 and KN-95 masks, gowns, gloves and face shields.
- Oxygen Concentrators and Pulse-Ox machines to monitor oxygen levels, and a staff trained to use them properly.
The Right Staff Makes All the Difference
Loneliness is a huge concern for seniors and their families during this time. We pride ourselves on forming genuine connections and meaningful relationships. Because of our low staff-to-resident ratios, we’re able to provide more engaging activities and individualized plans of care.
Teresa’s House is designed to product our residents and combat any airborne threat. COVID-19 is no exception. As Texas re-opens for visitation, our standard of care, safeguards and dedication to our seniors and their families allow us to facilitate face-to-face visits with confidence. Our leadership team is constantly monitoring and adapting for best practices in accordance with TDSHS. We invite you to reach out or schedule a private tour to learn more.
“Providing for seniors is my passion. This virus has hurt so many, but at Teresa’s House, we are going the extra mile to protect our residents physically and emotionally. My team and I are there for you.”
– Teresa Whittington, RN BSN
Co-founder and Director of Resident Care at Teresa’s House
We hope that you find this information helpful about Teresa’s House and our response to COVID-19. Our mission is to provide the safest place possible for our seniors. We are here to serve you and welcome the opportunity to discuss our extensive safety systems and medical preparedness.
For more information about Teresa’s House or to schedule a tour, call us at 469.998.7952.